Our Publications template allows you to create an accessible online publication.
- chapters/sections as sub pages so your publication is easy to navigate
- pagination between sections
- print-friendly option for each page of the publication
Create the publication landing page
Go to the Content tab, select Add content, then Publication.
Complete the following fields as needed (items marked with an asterisk are mandatory):
- Date of publication
- Copyright: select from Copyright, Creative Commons, Demo or None
- Publication author: Department or branch that owns the publication
- Introduction text: this can be a long description of the publication
- Summary*: this is a short description of the publication and is picked up within search engines
- Topic: for example, Business or Education
- Tag: audience for the publication, for example, Students
- Site*: where this publication lives
- Primary site*: the website design/branding you'd like to apply to your publication
Add Body content to the landing page
You can add the following as body content components:
- Accordion: allows you to add a list with heading and expandable sections
- Complex image: allows you to add an image and accessible information
- Corresponding data
- Label for view in full screen
- Label for data/additional information
- Label for download
- Basic text
Here you can upload a PDF or Word version of your publication. This will appear on your publication landing page and all sub pages/sections.
Click Save once you're happy with your latest draft.
Create the chapters for your publication
Once you've created the landing page, you can start adding child pages from your landing page.
Select the Children tab:
Select Create new Publication page
Add a title for the child page
Complete the following fields if needed (items marked with an asterisk are mandatory):
- Publication/parent page: this will default to the landing publication page*
- Introduction text
Repeat this process to add each additional chapter or section for your publication.
Once you've added child pages, the publication will automatically display:
The sections can also be reorded within the parent landing page by selecting Update child order.
You can also add a grandchild of the child page, as your publication can go to 3 levels.
Add a complex image to your publication
When you're building out the content for your page, you have the option to add a complex image.
Click on Component type and select Complex image.
Here you can complete the following fields:
- Title: For example, Figure 3: Establishment activities
- Image: Upload of the image to no larger than 818 px wide
- Source: For example, The Orange Door 2018 evaluation
- Corresponding data: Here you can include a detailed description of the content included in the infographic, table, chart or image.
- You can also change the title fields which display the following options for an image:
- view the image in full screen
- show data or additional information
- download the image
Example of fields for a complex image