The Enablers Network is an employee-led association for people with lived experience of disability and their allies in the Victorian public sector.
What does the network do?
We represent the needs, interests and concerns of Victorian public sector employees with lived experience of disability.
We raise awareness of the rights of people with disability to:
- embed inclusion and acceptance in the Victorian Public sector
- ensure fair and equitable treatment
Our core activities:
- advocating for members
- providing advice to departments and agencies on systemic barriers to full participation employment
- role modelling – leading by example in how to be respectful and inclusive in our words and action
- collaborating with our stakeholders to create a disability-confident public sector
- promoting disability inclusion – understanding and learning from each other; seeing our differences as a source of strength and pride
- organising social and networking events
- running professional development activities for members to facilitate leadership and career development
Who can join?
The network is open to all people with disability and allies from all parts of the VPS. Everyone is welcome.
Membership of the network is:
- Victorian public sector employees with a disability or long-term medical condition
- carers of people with disabilities
- allies and friends of people with disabilities
How can I get involved?
There are many ways you can get involved:
- attend our events and professional development activities
- join one of our portfolio working groups – policy and inclusion, events and communications
- subscribe to our newsletter
Most VPS departments and agencies also have their own network you can join. Check your intranet for details.
You can also email us at: VPS.Enablersnetwork@dpc.com.au